IECAM supports early childhood research by providing comprehensive data and maps from a wide range of data sources (e.g., U.S. Census, Illinois State Board of Education, Illinois Department of Public Health), including tabular data from a searchable online database and interactive maps at multiple geographic levels (e.g., counties, legislative districts, school districts). Click on the links below to access tools, resources and information useful for research purposes.
Information for Researchers
- List of child and family characteristics
- Data Descriptions
- Data Releases and Methodology
- Data by State and Federal Legislative Districts in Illinois (data report)
- Other Data Sources & Reports
- Geographic Regions
- IECAM Data: Availability of data types by year
- IECAM Data: Data types displayed by year
- IECAM Data: Data available by geographic region
- IECAM Data: Additional data available beyond the online database
- Tabular Data Search This is a quick search for early childhood and demographic numbers. This tool produces instant spreadsheets for selected areas, years, early childhood services/programs, and demographics.
- Multiyear Search This tool allows you to compare tabular data for a single data type (PFA, Head Start, etc.) over multiple years. Great for identifying trends and changes over time.