Are you looking for Illinois early childhood data to support a grant narrative or fill out a required grant-related form? You have come to the right place! Click on the links below to access tools, resources, and grant-writing guides.
Guides, instructions, and walk-throughs
- Quick Guide to Getting Community Needs Data for Your FY2021 Early Childhood Block Grant Applications
- Walk-Through Instructions for PFA and PFAE Slot Gap Analysis
- Walk-Through Instructions for PI Slot Gap Analysis
Data and information sources
- 2019 program data for Preschool For All (PFA), Preschool for All Expansion (PFAE), Prevention Initiative (PI), Head Start, and Early Head Start
- 2018-19 Preschool For All (PFA) and PFA Expansion Data
- List of Head Start and Early Head Start Center Sites and Home-Based Service Areas
- Additional Demographic Data
- Collaboration Resources
- PFA Grantee List
- Prevention Initiative 0-3 Grantee List
- Database Search This is a quick search for early childhood and demographic numbers. This tool produces instant Excel spreadsheets for selected areas, years, early childhood services/programs, and demographics.
- Quick Data Reports This tool produces a quick ready-made report for a selected area on these topics: Child Care, Early Care and Education Services and Population, Publicly Funded Preschool, and Head Start.
- Multiyear Search This tool allows you to compare tabular data for a single data type (PFA, Head Start, etc.) over multiple years. Great for identifying trends and changes over time.
- Data by Topic Search Find IECAM data by topic.
- Additional Data A collection of data not currently available in our searchable database.
- Maps and Visualizations (by topic)