Are you looking for Illinois early childhood data to support a grant narrative or fill out a required grant-related form? You have come to the right place! Click on the links below to access grant-writing guides, resources and tools.
- Tabular Data Search This is a quick search for early childhood and demographic numbers. This tool produces instant spreadsheets for selected areas, years, early childhood services/programs, and demographics.
- Quick Data Reports This tool produces a quick ready-made report for a selected area on these topics: Child Care, Early Care and Education Services and Population, Publicly Funded Preschool and Head Start, and School District Profile.
- Multiyear Search This tool allows you to compare tabular data for a single data type (PFA, Head Start, etc.) over multiple years. Great for identifying trends and changes over time.
Data and information sources
- Most Recent Early Childhood Program Data in Spreadsheets
- List of Head Start and Early Head Start Center Sites and Home-Based Service Areas
- Additional Demographic Data
- Collaboration Resources
- PFA Grantee List
- Prevention Initiative 0-3 Grantee List
Guides, instructions and walk-throughs
- Quick Guide to Getting Community Needs Data
- Instructions for Completing a Slot Gap Analysis
- Walk-Through Instructions for PFA and PFAE Slot Gap Analysis
- Walk-Through Instructions for PI Slot Gap Analysis