Are you looking for data related to child care in Illinois? Click on the links below to access resources, guides and tools useful to the child care community.
- Child Care Quick Data Report This tool produces a quick ready-made report for a selected area. Note: this tool is in the process of being updated.
- Database Search Database searches produce instant Excel spreadsheets for selected areas, years, early childhood services/programs, and demographics. Use this search for data on:
- child care centers
- family child care homes
- IDHS Child Care Assistance Progam (CCAP)
- child care program accreditations
- child care centers and homes providing school-age care (before/after school)
- Multiyear Search This tool allows you to compare tabular data for a single data type (PFA, Head Start, etc.) over multiple years. Great for identifying trends and changes over time.
- Early Care and Education Services Map for Illinois
- Child Care Maps and Visualizations
- Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies Child care resource and referral services are available in all Illinois communities through a local Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R) Agency. This page can help you find your local CCR&R.
- Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) In Illinois, the CCAP provides child care for children ages 6 weeks to 12 years and for children with special needs who are 13 through 19 years of age. Families must be income eligible and either employed or in approved education/training programs.
- Child Care Reports, Plans & Surveys (IDHS)
- Governor’s Office of Early Childhood Development
- Governor’s Office of Early Childhood Development Early Learning Council
- Illinois Afterschool Map and Database
- Resources for effective community collaborations