IECAM provides comprehensive early childhood data and maps that can be used to support the missions of Illinois early childhood advocacy organizations. Click on the links below to access helpful resources and tools for advocates.
- Database Search This is a quick search for early childhood and demographic numbers. Produces instant Excel spreadsheets for selected areas, years, early childhood services/programs, and demographics.
- Multiyear Search Tool This tool allows you to compare tabular data for a single data type (PFA, Head Start, etc.) over multiple years. Great for identifying trends and changes over time.
- Quick Data Reports This tool produces a quick ready-made report for a selected area on these topics: Child Care, Early Care and Education Services and Population, Publicly Funded Preschool, and Head Start. Note: this tool is in the process of being updated .
- Data by Topic Find data by topic in the following categories: Child Care, Demographics, Health, Language, Early Childhood Services & Programs, Social & Economic Factors, Employment, and Other.
- Additional Data This is a collection of data not currently available in our searchable database.
- Early Care and Education Services Map for Illinois This map shows early care and education services sites for the state of Illinois based on the most recent data available.
- Maps & Visualizations Explore data visualizations and maps created by the IECAM team.
- Interactive State Comparison Maps
Resources and information sources
- County Snapshots
- Spotlight on Stats
- Chicago Community Areas (CCAs)
- Illinois State House Districts and Senate Districts
- U.S. Federal Congressional Districts
- Migrant and Seasonal Head Start Delegate Agencies