A new report from Defending the Early Years (DEY) documents survey findings collected over summer 2020 on the topic of how COVID-9 has impacted young children, their families, and their teachers. The survey asked a series of 39 questions on participation, expectations, benefits, ease of adjustment, challenges, and concerns with online/remote learning.
In addition, the report outlines several recommendations for online/remote learning with young children:
- Do not try to replicate school at home.
- Use screens and technology sparingly and wisely.
- Prepare children to be self-directed learners.
- Take advantage of being out of school.
- Parents and teaches must work together.