IECAM reports the number and percent of children (age 0-18) with:
- no health insurance
- any type of health insurance
- public health insurance
Any type of insurance includes: employer/union, direct purchase, TRICARE/other military, and public health insurance (Medicare, Medicaid/other government assistance, Veterans Administration). Not covered: Indian Health Service (IHS).
Individuals can be covered by more than one type of insurance, and they can be covered by both private and public insurers. For more details on this description, visit the IPUMS USA page (https://usa.ipums.org/usa/acs_healthins.shtml).
Data available include:
- Number and percent of children with no health insurance, by PUMA region
- Number and percent of children with any type of health insurance, by PUMA region
- Number and percent of children with public health insurance, by PUMA region
- Number of all children age 0 through 5 years of age, by PUMA region
Spreadsheets (by year):
- 2015–latest available data: PUMA
Maps (by year):
- 2015–2016: PUMA & county (combined map)
Source of data: IPUMS
For spreadsheets and maps prior to 2015 (2009–2014), contact IECAM.