The National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL), in working with legislators and legislative staff, has designed this guidebook for considering prenatal-to-three issues and policy options. According to this July 2019 introductory letter to legislators, the guidebook includes the following:
- Baseline facts and figures.
- Examples of how legislators are using state policy to improve circumstances and outcomes for infants, toddlers and their families.
- A framework for understanding prenatal-to-three issues and how they related to one another.
- Early actions to consider taking.
- Questions to ask others and eventually be ready to answer oneself.
- The hope that the publication facilitates legislator’s own “early learning” on prenatal-to-three policy and provides guidance as they consider policy options for their states.