Save steps in searching by viewing reports prepared in response to FAQs. This resource was formally known as “standard reports.”
Quick data reports are reports of data that IECAM has prepared in response to frequently asked questions about early care and education services in the state of Illinois.
Quick Data Reports are in the process of being updated. In the meantime, much of the data they contain can be found on the IECAM online database. Stay tuned!
Why use quick data reports?
The data available in Quick Data Reports are mostly available by searching the IECAM online database in the usual ways. However, the advantages of using a quick data report are
- quick access to data without having to go through a series of search steps, and
- the addition of explanatory information related to the topic of the quick data report.
Available quick data reports include the following.
Area Profile (Early Childhood Demographics and Services)
As part of its Request for Proposals (RFP) from applicants for the Preschool for All (PFA) program and for Prevention Initiative (PI) 0-3 programs, the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) requires respondents to provide information on early care and education services in their region. This quick data report provides much of the data that are needed in the response, as well as links to other data sources that will be useful in writing a proposal. The quick data report provides:
- brief information about ISBE’s RFP
- data on population of children age 0, 1, and 2 years of age; & 3 and 4 years of age
- data on number of children age 0, 1, and 2 years of age; and 3 and 4 years of age; living in families under 50%, 100%, 185%, 200%, and 400% FPL
- data on race and ethnicity of children under age 5 for seven race/ethnicity categories
- data on number of households that are linguistically isolated speaking Spanish and other non-English languages
- data on PI proposed capacity
- data on Early Head Start funded enrollment
- data on PFA proposed capacity
- data on Head Start funded enrollment
- links to sources for other data required for responding to ISBE’s RFP
Publicly Funded Preschool and Head Start
This quick data report addresses the question of how well PFA and Head Start serve the 3- and 4-year-old children in a given geographic area. The data include:
- population of children 3 and 4 years of age
- number of children 3 and 4 years of age living in families under 100%, 185%, and 400% FPL; and between 100% and 185% FPL
- number of sites and proposed capacity for PFA
- number of sites and funded enrollment for Head Start
- number of households that are linguistically isolated speaking Spanish and other non-English languages
Early Care and Education Services and Child Population
This quick data report provides a snapshot of several types of early care and education services. The data included are:
- the number of children from age 7 months through 5 years;
- the number of spaces funded for children who are eligible for publicly funded early education programs, including for Preschool for All, Head Start, and Early Head Start;
- the capacity to serve children under 5 years of age in child care;
- the number of publicly funded preschool sites and child care sites.
This quick data report provides a snapshot of center-based care and licensed family home care. The data included are:
- the number of children 5 years of age and under;
- total licensed capacity or reported capacity to serve children from 6 weeks through 5 years of age in licensed child care centers, license-exempt child care centers, and licensed family child care homes;
- licensed or reported capacity of licensed child care centers, license-exempt child care centers, and licensed family child care homes to serve children at various ages;
- the number of linguistically isolated households that speak Spanish and other non-English languages.