Population: Illinois Young Children and Overall
About the data
Latest data: 2021
Population numbers are provided for:
- Total population
- Population of children under age 1
- Population of children age 1
- Population of children age 2
- Population of children age 3
- Population of children age 4
- Population of children age 5
- Population of children age 5 and under
- Population of children age 6 through 12
Source of data: IECAM demographers prepared estimates of population based on Census Bureau estimates for the following programs or surveys:
- Population Estimates Program
- American Community Survey, 5-year estimates
These data are available for the following geographic areas: state, county, township, municipality, state Senate district, state House district, congressional district, elementary school district, unit school district, Zip Code Tabulation Area (ZCTA), Chicago Community Area, and by ISBE region and IDHS region, which are sums of counties.
For the “total number of persons,” the sum of the population for Chicago and the population for suburban Cook County may exceed the total population of Cook County because there are some Chicago residents who live in DuPage County. Chicago contains a small portion of northeast DuPage County.
Note: Because of pandemic-related disruptions to data collection in 2020, the U.S. Census Bureau has alerted American Community Survey (ACS) data users to expect somewhat larger margins of error in the 2016-2020 5-year estimates than in previous 5-year releases.