About this Page Child and Family Characteristics are gathered from several data sources; are presented in several formats; and are associated with several geographic regions. Many, but not all, of the variables represent family characteristics for children’s growth and learning. The data are organized into domains.
Demographics includes population variables such as poverty, race/ethnicity, and language use.
- Children Birth Through Age 5 Living in Grandparent-Headed Households
- Children Birth Through Age 5 Speaking Individual Languages or Related Language Groups
- Children by Family Marital Condition by Poverty
- Linguistically Isolated Households
- Number of Children Living in Poverty Areas and Extreme Poverty Areas
- Population of Children Age 5 and Under by Federal Poverty Level
- Population of Children Under Age 5 by Race/Ethnicity
- Population of Children, Birth Through Age 5