Health Insurance: Children with No Health Insurance, Any Type of Health Insurance, and Public Health Insurance
IECAM reports the number and percent of children with no health insurance, any type of health insurance, and public health insurance. IECAM provides maps, charts, and Excel files for early childhood health insurance data.
By Illinois PUMA region
About this data
IECAM reports the number and percent of children (age 0-18) with:
- no health insurance
- any type of health insurance
- public health insurance
Any type of insurance includes employer/union, direct purchase, TRICARE/other military, and public health insurance (Medicare, Medicaid/other government assistance, Veterans Administration). Not covered: Indian Health Service (IHS).
Individuals can be covered by more than one type of insurance, and they can be covered by both private and public insurers. For more details on this description, visit the IPUMS USA page on health insurance variables.
Data available include:
- Number and percent of children with no health insurance, by PUMA region
- Number and percent of children with any type of health insurance, by PUMA region
- Number and percent of children with public health insurance, by PUMA region
- Number of all children birth through age 5, by PUMA region
Contact IECAM for earlier maps or spreadsheets, or additional data.
For more information about PUMAs, visit IECAM’s About Public Use Microdata Areas (PUMAs) page.