Employment: Unemployment Rate
Our interactive map shows annual average unemployment rates by county in Illinois.
Our interactive map lets users view the data by year. Users also can hover their cursor over individual counties to get the specific results for that county.
Employment data are rapidly changing during the recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. Current year data for a variety of geographic areas in Illinois can be found on the following websites:
- Local Area Unemployment Statistics, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Labor market information from the Illinois Department of Employment Security
- Illinois Virtual LMI (Labor Market Information) from the Illinois Department of Employment Security
- Unemployment Rate (%) by Illinois County, GEOFRED, Geographic Economic Data from St. Louis Fed
- America Counts Illinois State Profile, U.S. Census Bureau
About the data
Interactive map (by year): 2016 to latest available data: county
Interactive chart (by year): 2010 to the latest available data: county
Source of data: Bureau of Labor Statistics, Local Area Unemployment Statistics
Contact IECAM for earlier data spreadsheets (2008–2015) on this topic.