Number of parents’ own children 5 years of age and under living in families, by living arrangements and by parents’ employment status:
- Living in families
- Living in families with two parents
- Living in families with two working parents
- Living in families with one parent
- Living in families with one working parent
- Living in families with one non-working parent
Source of data: IECAM demographers prepared estimates of population based on Census Bureau estimates for the following programs or surveys:
- Population Estimates Program v2014, for years 2012, 2013, and 2014
- American Community Survey 2014, 5-year estimates
These data are available for the following geographic areas: state, county, township, municipality, IL state senate district, IL state house district, US Congressional district, Elementary School District, Unit School District, Zip Code Tabulation Area (ZCTA), Chicago Community Area, and by ISBE region and IDHS region, which are sums of counties.
Date of data: 2014
Note: Children living in families are those living with a parent or step parent. It excludes children in group homes and other non-family arrangements. Working parents may hold a job or may be unemployed and looking for work. Non-working parents include people who are not looking for employment.