Number of parents’ own children 5 years of age and under living in families, by living arrangements and by parents’ employment status:
- Living in families
- Living in families with two parents
- Living in families with two working parents
- Living in families with one parent
- Living in families with one working parent
- Living in families with one non-working parent
Source of data:
- For 2000 decennial census: –Sample Data. P46. AGE OF OWN CHILDREN UNDER 18 YEARS IN FAMILIES AND SUBFAMILIES BY LIVING ARRANGEMENTS BY EMPLOYMENT STATUS OF PARENTS  – Universe: Own children under 18 years in families and subfamilies
- For 2008 estimates: Based on data from the U.S. Census Bureau, IECAM demographers prepared estimates of the number of children living in the indicated family arrangements for years after the decennial census (i.e., years later than 2000). These data are available for the following geographic areas: state, county, township, municipality, IL state senate district, IL state house district, US Congressional district, ISBE region, and IDHS region.
Date of data: 2008
Note: Children living in families are those living with a parent or step parent. It excludes children in group homes and other non-family arrangements. Working parents may hold a job or may be unemployed and looking for work. Non-working parents include people who are not looking for employment.