List of 30 languages most commonly spoken (or likely being learned) by children in Illinois.
Source of 2014 county data is ACS. All other data is from IPUMs.
- 2014 Common Languages
- 2014 Common Languages (county)
- 2013 Common Languages
- 2012 Common Languages
- 2011 Common Languages
- 2010 Common Languages
- 2009 Common Languages
- Census Bureau Data on Languages Spoken by Children
Explains three types of U.S. Census Bureau data on language diversity that may help answer policy questions.
- Children (Birth through 5) Who Speak Individual Languages Other Than English
Spotlight on Stats
- Children Birth Through Age 5 Speaking Individual Languages or Related Language Groups
Data are provided for approximately 60-70 languages or language groups. Data are based on responses to American Community Survey (ACS) questions, "Does this person speak a language other than English…
- Languages Spoken by Children in Illinois
In the decennial census and in the American Community Survey, the US Census Bureau asks respondents what language is spoken at home by each member of the household that is…