The Early Learning Council (ELC) Dashboard is being created to support the measurement of the Council’s strategies and goals for Illinois. There is a shared belief that Illinois stakeholders need an understanding of the impact of the priorities of the ELC and progress made. Six indicators have been identified by the ELC as priorities for inclusion in a state early childhood data dashboard:
- Safe and Supportive Environments
- Access to High Quality Learning for Infants and Toddlers
- Access to High Quality Learning for Preschoolers
- Coordinated Community Systems
- Kindergarten: Readiness for School
Illinois leaders are committed to data-driven decision making as they determine the necessary steps to achieve the goals of further integrating state supports in a unified framework for all early learning and development programs, connecting the most at-risk children with needed supports and services, and increasing program quality.